Share |

Road Trip

Just got back from a road trip yesterday. We went to Rock Island, IL to see my favorite band "Lost Dogs." It was a 4 1/2 hour drive, but sooo worth it!

Have you ever been to Rock Island? It's not a very pretty site, I'm sorry to say. If you live there...eek! I'm sorry, but more sympathetic, I could not be. This place would make the top 10 list for places to avoid. Our GPS didn't like this place either. It never took us where we were trying to go. It kept thinking we were in the river, so yeah. It was quite the adventure.

Two restaurants got good reviews on Trip Advisor, and we learned the hard way not to trust Trip Advisor anymore. I'm guessing the people who recommended these restaurants were either the owners, or relatives of the owners. They were both hole-in-the-wall dives. We were too afraid to go inside, much less eat there.

However...they did have the most amazing botanical garden (Quad City Botanical Center). There were palm trees, banana trees, coconut trees, and a lush variety of exotic plants. It was pure heaven!


Here's a clip of "Lost Dogs" on You Tube. (Mute the playlist at the bottom of the page, and then you have to click on the link inside the You Tube box, they have apparently disabled the embedding). I also have their hit song playing here. Either way, you can get a feel for what they're like. We had 2nd row seats!!! Felt like I died and went to heaven. Oh, and a miracle took place at the concert: I had lost my 'Scenic Routes' CD, the Lost Dogs first record that got me hooked. I looked for it everywhere, and it's out of print. I can buy it on Ebay for like $70. Not gonna happen. Anyway, the guy sitting next to us was a Lost Dogs groupie, he follows them everywhere. He has that CD, and is going to burn a copy and send it to me. YEAH!









And something cool happened on the road. I've been praying for God to help me finish writing my devotional book, and He did just that! I just love it when I'm in tune with Him. He gave me some very cool ideas, I was writing furiously...Can't wait until this thing is put together and ready to submit for publication.

Photobucket