Share |

Who Dat?




Here it was, October 8th, and the temperature was 74! Herbie is always ill-prepared. As for Moi, I sported shorts and a tank top. It was pure magic to go from the summer-like beach to the autumn woods in less than 5 minutes.




The hiking trails are to die for, and the aroma? Wish I could bottle it and breathe it in everyday.



One happy camper...



We watched the Packer game outside with a roaring campfire. Oops! I guess in all the excitement the fire wasn't exactly roaring, but there was a fire, nonetheless.

On our last night at the campground, we were I was determined to find the owl that kept us awake every night. I just love owls, don't you? They can really put away a Tootsie Pop. I grabbed a flashlight and ran into the woods. Alone. Herbie was comfortable sitting by the fire and couldn't be bothered. So there I was in the middle of the forest, when my flashlight died! Thank God I found my way out. When I got back to our campsite, I begged Herbie to go back with me, with flashlights that worked. He eventually succumbed to the nagging. Dang those crispy leaves! We made such a racket in the woods that the owl fled the scene.

This weekend it's our 30th anniversary! My brother sent me this link about a band of albino deer in northern Wisconsin, and I fell totally in love with them. So on the spur of the moment I planned a getaway. I found a beautiful cabin up there with a wood burning fireplace (gotta have a fireplace, just got to!) The owner gave me some tips as to where we could find the white deer. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures to post later.

Photobucket

Bookmark and Share