Share |

Tag!


Cindy at Letters from Midlife tagged me to play a game. I have to answer these 7 questions that inquiring minds want to know:


1. Who would you like to see in concert and have a backstage pass to meet? Years ago my answer would have been Amy Grant, but God already answered that prayer. In 1986 I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I included a few things in my first prayer requests. I prayed that we would have twins, and in 1987 I gave birth to twin boys! My 2nd prayer was to meet Amy Grant. In 1988 Mark and I traveled to St. Louis to see Amy Grant in concert. The next day we were going up to the top of the famous Gateway Arch, and got to talking to the couple who were in the tram with us. We said we came all the way from WI to see Amy, and this guy says “What a coincidence – I’m on the lighting crew for her concert.” He gave us backstage passes, so we got to meet Amy, her (then) husband Gary Chapman, and Michael W. Smith. Wow! Huh?


2. What one skill would you like to possess that you can't already do? Just recently I started getting the feeling that God wants me to be a stand-up comic, so I’m working on that right now through Toastmasters.

3. What fictional character (from books or movies) would you like to meet? I would love to meet Dora the Explorer. She's such a free swinging gal! Plus, she gets to live in Mexico, which would be a plus for this palm tree lovin' fool.

4. Where would your dream home be located? Since I love palm trees and the desert, and since my daughter just moved to the Phoenix area last year, I’m thinking Phoenix. I’ve been praying about that, and I have the feeling God’s up to something.

5. If you could switch careers or start one for the first time, what would you like to do? I would love to be an actress, but I would suck at that. Heck, half the time I don’t even know how to be myself. What could be more fun than acting out roles for a living? (A pretty cushy living at that).
6. If money, responsibility and fear weren't considerations, what one great adventurous thing would you attempt? I would love to sail around the world. Fear wouldn’t stop me, but lack of money is, for the time being.

7. What Biblical event would you like to witness?
Exodus 20:19, when God spoke to the Israelites from the mountain. “When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance and said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die."


My first impression of this event was “Come on, you wusses! How many times has God offered to light up His Holy mountain for you? I mean, here was their chance to meet with God Face to face! But then reality settled in. It was a good thing I wasn’t there. Like a fool I would have started running up the mountain, and God would have killed me.


I'm supposed to tag some people to play, but instead I'll just make this an open invitation to anyone who like to answer these questions...

Photobucket




Bookmark and Share