Share |

THE WAY WE ARE




I received an email recently from a follower of my blog. She said she had to leave, because on one of my posts, someone made an off-color comment, and I didn't delete it. I have no problem with that.

But what I do have a problem with is this - my brothers and sisters in Christ are not perfect, nor am I. But are we going to pick apart every single statement on each other's blogs?

I remember reading a remark from a Christian years ago that they decided to stop being fans of Amy Grant because she got a divorce. So did Sandy Patty. So did many more Christians.

So my dilemma is, am I going to turn my back on every brother or sister in Christ who some people think has missed the mark? Wouldn't that eliminate every believer from my list? Is that what Jesus did? I think not.

None of us is perfect. We miss the mark. We do the things that we don't want to do, and we don't do the things we should. I may say the wrong thing sometimes, and you might too. Does that mean we cross that person's name off our list?

If I disappoint you, then I am sorry. I surely don't intend to lead anyone off the path to Jesus. But if I mess up, or if someone commenting on my blog messes up, would you please find it in your heart to overlook the offense?

I love my blog friends. Sure, I might see comments I disagree with, heck, I make some 'real' comments myself. I hope that all of you would still love me, even when I miss the mark.

People, can we all just get along?