Share |

Birthday Bash Blues and a winner!

Photobucket

Well, the party's over. I don't know why I get so excited about birthdays. I'm just getting older, is all. Now if when your birthday came around and you would get younger, that would be some party!

The other day when I went to the nursing home to play bingo with 'my people' (I call the residents 'my people') I brought frosted cookies and a nice prize for the black-out winner. The director had them sing happy birthday to me. It went something like this:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear ????Happy Birthday to you!

I've been going there for two years now, and they still can't remember my name, lol.

We had so much fun yesterday! Hubby and I had time to kill in between eating and shopping, so we checked out a lounge we saw on the way. It was so cool! It was really dark inside, with, ahem, romantic pictures on the walls (it was art, okay?). There was a cozy little corner in the back with leather couches and lighted trees. Ooh lala! We sipped champagne and had a chance to get caught up on everything (he's so busy otherwise, I'm lucky to get a glimpse of him here and there). No hanky panky or anything, mostly we just laughed. Then we met our kids at T.G.I.Fridays, and ate like pigs. Alas, we didn't have enough time for the movie, so we're doing that later today.


I was under control at Gordmans, only putting clearance items in my cart until I saw these. When hubby saw the price tag he flipped out. I pleaded and begged and whined for these boss boots until I got my way. Works like a charm everytime.

And now for the big announcement.....ding ding ding! Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! Congrats to Jen (Beautiful Mess). I laughed at all the jokes, they were hilarious!


And the prayers and wishes really got to me, I basically laughed and cried all the way through the comments. Especially the 'book' that Lee wrote...pass the kleenex, please. God has really spoiled me rotten with all of you. I can't wait for all of your birthdays to come around!

Love you guys....


picture from photobucket