Share |

A Kingdom of Clouds


"He makes the clouds His chariot and rides on the wings of the wind." (Psalm 104:3)


This was what I was looking at out the window of the airplane yesterday on the way home. It had been a long, difficult week and I was so tired, but yet I was elated. God called us to go to Washington, and we made it (see posts below).

So I'm looking at all these clouds roll by, and I am suddenly enraptured in a vision. I start to see images in the clouds. I see castles, pristine and neatly stacked with clouds of all shapes; rectangles, cylinders, triangles. I had never seen anything like it before. And it felt as though I were soaring alongside God, in His kingdom of clouds.

I saw clouds of cherubim, with sweet precious faces and unfurling wings. I saw a wispy line of fast-moving clouds pass over, like a band of angels commandeering the wind and keeping watch over the kingdom. I saw a crystal sea of people, and the love emanating from God's cloud kingdom was so real and tangible, I could almost reach out and touch it.

We were treated like royalty with Delta Airlines (shout-out to Delta!) They felt sorry for me with my cast, and gave us the best seats in the house, and fussed over us like we were someone special. Now I must admit that they might have gotten the idea I was in the military. When a flight attendant asked how I got injured, I explained that I got hurt on a rock. She thought I said I got 'hurt in Iraq.' The misunderstanding was quickly cleared up and we all had a good laugh.

And God even made the ride home more sweet by giving us the opportunity to be booked on an over-booked flight. We agreed to be dropped off in Chicago instead of Milwaukee, which resulted in a long bus ride to get to our car, (yeah, another bumpy ride for my cast) but in doing so we were blessed with $800 in airfare vouchers! I had just been whining to God that we haven't been able to travel that often, and He made a way. Hmm...I just love Him so!