Share |

Are you being squeezed?

wpclipart.com
Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end. (Dan 11:35)

Are you being squeezed? Does it feel like your loved ones have thrown you into the blender, and turned the setting to puree? Join the club.

This morning God showed me why this was happening. I was being squeezed as part of the orange grove process of juicing. We all go through this at one time or another. Sometimes God has to put you into His big hands and gently beat the crap pulp out of you.

And here's what I learned.

Until I can come to the place where I stop being overly- sensitive, I am going to be constantly offended. God can't use me in the battle until I'm properly trained.


Funny thing about squeezing...everytime it happens, the old man that I thought had died keeps popping up.

And God says "You're not ready yet."

And so I'm learning that what hurts the first time, if I develop my character in it, won't hurt so bad the next time, and eventually not at all.

"Okay, God. Do what You gotta do."

When you say that to God, expect results. Now more people will talk about you, and lie about you. Heck, it turns into a nationwide pulping process. Until finally God says "Now I can do something with you."

Lots of people want to be used by God, but they don't want to go through the training. This painful pulping process, if you're paying attention, will show you exactly where you are in the orange grove. What's really in your heart? Are you ready yet?


Some of you set sail in big ships;
you put to sea to do business in faraway ports.
Out at sea you saw God in action,
saw his breathtaking ways with the ocean:
With a word he called up the wind—
an ocean storm, towering waves!
You shot high in the sky, then the bottom dropped out;
your hearts were stuck in your throats.
You were spun like a top, you reeled like a drunk,
you didn't know which end was up.
Then you called out to God in your desperate condition;
he got you out in the nick of time.
He quieted the wind down to a whisper,
put a muzzle on all the big waves.
And you were so glad when the storm died down,
and he led you safely back to harbor.
So thank God for his marvelous love,
for his miracle mercy to the children he loves.
Psalm 107:28-32 (The Message)
A heartfelt thank you to Judith (A Doxology in Darkness) for lending me her shoulder...

Photobucket