Share |

When Pigs Fly

flying pigs Pictures, Images and Photos

With this light and airy new background, I started getting the feeling I could flap my wings and start flying. Almost. Something was weighing me down. Was it the 20 lbs I gained in the past few months? Maybe. But there's something else that started to feel like baggage, and with today's newest flight regulations, what with extra charges for luggage and food, quite frankly I don't know if I can afford to keep this baggage, much less get off the ground with it.

So I decided to make some changes:

1. Blog awards: I won't be participating in blog awards anymore. Though I do love all of you, and so appreciate your kindness, you have to admit there's a lot of work involved. You have to make a link back to the giver, and a few more links to pass it along, and then the dreaded set of rules. Now you know I am a rebel in every sense of the word, and rules tend to weigh me down.

2. Themes and memes: 'The Big Butt club' has retired. I loved the idea, and of course talking about how big our butts are is always fun, but I don't want to feel like I have to blog about a certain subject on any given day. Plus, now the Holy Spirit has more leeway here. I probably won't participate in any more memes either. I never was much of a follower, or a leader for that matter. I seem to always end up on the path less traveled.

Whew, I'm feeling much lighter now. Too bad I pigged out on all that bacon this morning, otherwise I'd be flying already!


Photobucket