Share |

Not again!

Yep. I did it again. I was expecting company, and I wanted to put something nice on, so I went upstairs to change, and I fell on my way back down. Wouldn't you know it, I landed right on my broken ankle! I crawled over to the phone and called Mark to come and get me and take me to the hospital, 'cause this time I definitely did some damage. My ankle had already swelled up like a balloon, and the pain was back with a vengeance. Mark yelled at me all the way to the hospital.

While we were waiting for the x-ray technician, I told Mark to lay his hands gently on my foot and pray. I decided to use this opportunity to build up my faith, and believe that God's angels were already at work, supernaturally putting everything back together.

I was just lying there, thinking how glad I was that I took a shower this morning, when I noticed something stunk. Oh no, I forgot to put on deoderant after my shower! I asked Mark to go back home and get it, but he wouldn't. "What are you worried about that for now?" He retorted. I say 'retorted' because that sounds a little more sarcastic than to just say 'he said.' "Come on!" I pleaded. "I can't be lying here stinking all day!" Ah, it was no use. Vanity, vanity...

By this time the drugs started kicking in, and I was feeling no pain - literally! I was cracking jokes and feeling like I was the life of the party. As the nurse wheeled me out of the room, Mark just had to get in one last wise crack; he told the nurse to examine my head while she was at it.

Drum roll......the doctor came in with the x-ray, and showed me that all the pins were still intact. Praise God! Then I got yelled at again. He told me if any of those pins had snapped, I would probably need to walk with a cane for the rest of my life.

I'm rejoicing that I'm back home, and not lying on the table in surgery right now. I headed right to the bathroom for my deoderant, and then headed for the couch. No more going up and down steps for this girl. Looks like I'll be sleeping on the couch for the next couple weeks. I don't have a choice, this time I'm gonna be chained to it for sure.